Elaborate Georgian Estate Gardens
LOCATION: Birmingham, Alabama
- Created distinct garden rooms around the estate to complement the Georgian-style architecture.
- Designed an elaborate parterre garden with year-round interest.
- Selected antiques that complement the style of the home.
- Planned a cut flower garden for ikebana flower arrangements.
- Incorporated a large vegetable garden to supply client’s chef with fresh produce.
The owners of this beautiful Georgian estate wanted to create a landscape that would complement the home’s architecture. We helped them achieve this by dividing their large outdoor space into unique garden rooms. Formal boxwood parterres filled with French hydrangea are the first thing visitors encounter when they enter the garden. We selected statuary and plant material for this area that spoke to the traditional style of the home while adding year-round visual interest.
Our client loved to create Japanese flower arrangements, so we planned a large cut flower garden to supply her with lilies, irises and other favorite blooms. A separate garden room featured raised vegetable beds that would have traditionally been found at a Georgian home. The stone beds supply the client with fresh, delicious vegetables throughout the summer.
The family also wanted a space to enjoy games in their backyard. We designed a two-tiered formal lawn with adirondack seating to give the family an area to play and watch croquet games.
“I didn't know I could have such a pretty garden. The garden Troy designed for me is one of the prettiest gardens I have ever seen. Troy is the best and I loved working with him on this project."