- Fulfilled client’s dream of creating a vintage French farmhouse garden.
- Planned convenient & discrete parking areas for easy entertaining.
- Included elegant gardens designed with guests and events in mind.
- Incorporated functional gardens for growing produce and flowers.
- Selected resilient & beautiful plants to match the garden’s 18th century Normandy theme.
Inspired by a visit to Normandy, our client wanted to create an 18th century farmhouse surrounded by vintage gardens. She wanted the gardens to evoke the feeling of the French countryside. Our client also loves to entertain, so our goal was to create the perfect garden where she could easily host parties and events.
Each area was designed and implemented with the guest’s experience in mind. We added a large stone table where guests can dine just beyond the portico, with nearby access to the covered grilling area. Visitors staying in the guest house meander through verbena-filled boxwood parterres and enjoy the splash of an antique fountain on the way to their rooms. A formal lawn with spacious benches gives guests the opportunity to take a rest among roses.
To make entertaining easy, we planned for parking on the inner courtyard lawn, reinforced with hidden grids. This cleverly accommodates cars without damaging the grass. A second gravel court also allows visitors to park comfortably under the canopy of elm trees.
Our client loves to garden when she isn’t entertaining. We designed her a working garden complete with vegetable beds, flowers for cut arrangements and a fruit orchard. An additional potting area gives her a shaded spot to plant Japanese maples as a gift for her guests.
"Troy is patient and a good listener. We're extremely pleased with the results of the garden design."