We design gardens that inspire the imagination and that clients love to come home to. We do this by listening to each client’s hopes and dreams for their property, then creating a detailed plan that solves their problems and gives them a garden above and beyond what they imagined was possible.
- Our design proposal outlines everything our clients can expect from the design process, including our scope of work, project timeline and cost.
- We make it a point in this phase to discuss a rough budget for the project so that we design with a client’s financial goals in mind.
- In addition to plan-view drawings, we provide mock-up images, gallery packets and Pinterest boards to clearly communicate our ideas to our clients.
Once the plan is approved, we create a proposal for implementing the design so the client knows what their project will cost. If needed, we can recommend how to break the project into phases to stay within a client’s budget.
- We recognize that an installation disrupts a client’s life, so we go to great lengths to make the process easy for our clients. We do this by communicating the project’s schedule and what the client can expect early on, then regularly updating the client during the process about progress and changes.
- During the installation, we strive to keep our job sites clean and safe, and we work to complete each project as efficiently as possible.
- Our skilled craftsmen and specialists have strong work ethics, and they give each project the attention and care needed to meet our high standards of quality.
- We remain involved throughout the implementation both by regularly communicating with our team and performing site visits to check progress and resolve issues early. We also make onsite changes that fine-tune the design and make the garden truly come to life.
Maintenance is the key to ensuring our clients’ beautiful gardens continue to grow and thrive long-term. We create customized maintenance guides for each client so they know exactly how to maintain their unique garden.
- We offer quarterly maintenance services to supplement our clients’ routine maintenance.
- Many of our clients utilize this service to complete pruning, annual color change-outs, pine straw application and a general tidying-up of their gardens.
- Existing clients can also schedule one-time services as needed, such as before a party or event, to spruce up their gardens.
- antique sourcing
- artificial turf and putting greens
- conceptual garden designs
- container plantings
- covered porches
- custom containers/troughs/window boxes
- custom furniture
- custom iron work
- custom planters
- custom woodworking elements
- cut flower gardens
- drainage systems
- driveway design
- edits to exterior of home (paint colors, lanterns, shutters)
- English gardens
- entry gates
- espalier plantings and trellises
- exterior home accents (hardware, lanterns)
- fabric selection and upholstery
- fire pits and fireplaces
- furniture and accent selection
- generator and HVAC placement
- indoor/outdoor furniture placement
- master garden plans
- outdoor lighting
- parking courts/driveways/service courts
- parterre gardens
- garden gates
- perennial gardens
- ponds and fountains
- pool deck garden design
- porches and terraces
- privacy fences and hedges
- raised vegetable gardens
- retaining walls
- stair design
- swimming pools and spas design
- trash can enclosures
- vehicle and pedestrian bridges
- walkways and directional path systems
- water features
We meet at your home to learn about your individual needs and dreams for your garden. During this visit, we review your property’s unique features and constraints. We brainstorm ways to solve your existing problems while creating the garden of your dreams.
In the design phase, we work with you to create a plan that details all changes to your garden, which often includes drainage, hardscapes, plantings, furniture, irrigation, lighting and accessories. We also determine a budget for your project so we can design with finances in mind. At the end of this phase, we review, revise and finalize the garden design with you to ensure it fulfills your unique dream.
During implementation, we estimate the cost of installing your garden and advise you on what can be accomplished within your given budget. Working closely with our team of craftsmen and professionals, we ensure your garden is built with the highest attention to detail and quality, all the while keeping you informed of our progress.
Your finished garden will require maintenance to stay beautiful. This is why we develop a customized maintenance plan that you or your maintenance professional can follow to help your garden thrive for years to come. We also offer quarterly and as-needed maintenance services to keep your garden lovely year-round.
Where ARE Troy Rhone Garden Projects?
Our team plans and builds gardens anywhere that our clients need us. We happily travel to work at your location.
Alabama: Birmingham, Huntsville, Mountain Brook, Montgomery, Auburn, Florence, Point Clear
California: Los Angeles
Florida: Alys Beach, Rosemary Beach
Georgia: Atlanta, Columbus, Flintstone, LaGrange
Louisiana: Baton Rouge
Missouri: St. Louis
North Carolina: Highlands, High Point, Cashiers, Roaring Gap, Linville
Tennessee: Nashville, Lookout Mountain, Signal Mountain, Chattanooga
Texas: Houston, Dallas
“Troy is Amazing! His thoughtful process provides the best solutions that are both elegant and functional. Always looking for ways to inject both French and subtle English influences, he can provide ideas you wouldn't think of. I pride myself on being a gardening buff; it is a favorite hobby. But, Troy elevates all of my ideas to another level of perfection. Just to watch him draw is a treat.”
—Eric Ross Interiors, LLC
“Troys darling cottage in Crestline had the most beautiful garden, window boxes, box woods, pea gravel drive, statuary, etc that I knew this is whom I needed to work with. He is incredible and simply the best!”
—Cantley & Company, Inc.
“Not enough can be said to describe the true talent of Mr. Rhone. He's a true Landscape artist capable of telling an unscripted story with his creations, something only a few masters have been able to do (Mizner, Saladino, Fatio, Porcinai...). Troy's landscape creations embodies the historical contexts in which they were meant to be a part of and organically connect sections of the outdoors together like chapters in a Victorian novel optimizing functionality and increasing livability. We can only hope that we'll always play a small role in every narrative he writes and together redefine the meaning of the 'Al Fresco' southern charm.”
“Troy Rhone was selected for the landscape design of our remodeled Georgian home by renowned architect Bill Ingram. Troy is a true visionary. He transformed our two acres of overgrown forest into a beautiful tailored lawn replete with a stone wall and elegant plantings. Mr. Rhone is a gentleman in every respect. We found him to be honest, fair, timely, and thorough. He has high expectations of himself and his subcontractors. We highly recommend him and plan to use him for the next stages of our landscape design.”
“The Landscape design for our Rosemary Beach Courtyard took a very small, complicated space and made it Gloriously Elegant! The surprise has been how much larger and private the space feels in an "urban" environment. This company went beyond the usual design practice of just measuring a site and took into account the sun movement of the seasons as well as adding vista terminations not only within the courtyard but also at particular positions that the surrounding neighborhood would enjoy. The project was planned so well that the coordination of all work remained professional thoughout. Changes were minimized and done at an easy point with no mistakes or misunderstandings. The level of knowledge made this project a pleasure!”
—Mary Alice Johnson
“Troy Rhone designed and arranged the construction of a new brick patio and pergola in our backyard. It is both beautiful and functional. The patio has a built-in grill and plenty of room for furniture and plants. He also re-landscaped a portion of our backyard and it is beautiful, especially in the blooming months. We have a side porch and Troy removed what was there (the plantings) and put in boxwood parterres and we plant seasonal flowers inside them for color and interest. They are proportioned with larger boxwoods on either side of the steps, a mondo grass border, and tall arborvitae at the rear outer edge of the parterre area. Zoysia grass surrounds and borders the 2 parterre areas. We have received many compliments on all of these things Troy added to our yard. He is a talented professional and conducts himself with courtesy and integrity. He has extensive knowledge, great taste, met deadlines and budgets and has reliable people who work with him.”
“Troy is a true visionary when it comes to landscape architecture. His work is detailed, thoughtfully designed and he has a real gift for implementing designs that are both beautiful and functional. He is also very personable, a true pleasure to work with!”
“I've known and worked with Troy for several years now and it has been a pleasure to learn and collaborate with him. He's particularly mindful of your time and has a great sense of what is needed in all aspects of garden design. I've thoroughly enjoyed working with Troy.”
“I have been working with Troy for 5 years now. He is the most skilled landscape designer I have worked with and I learn from his expertise on each project. Troy is especially adept in matching his landscape designs to the architecture and interior style of each home. He is professional, courteous and thorough, never leaving project details unfinished. I highly recommend Troy Rhone Garden Design.”
“Troy Rhone is one of the most talented landscape and garden designers I have had the pleasure to work with. His attention to detail in remarkable. It's rare to find a person who can be as creative while having a practical background of landscape construction techniques. Troy's combination of skills makes him uniquely qualified for estate size landscape conceptual plans. At the same time, I am amazed at how Troy's creativity can transform small gardens into personal sanctuary's for relaxation, vegetable gardening or privacy. Troy Rhone has my highest recommendation.”